19, undergraduate in BA English.|
Studied Fine Art until A2 level in the United Kingdom (Year 13)
I guess you could say that my style is a kind of hybrid between manga and traditional fine art.
I think it's because I started out doing art because of my interest in manga, which led me to study art at GCSE and A level. But because manga isn't fine art (because it's stylised) I also learnt fine art and the two sort of underwent one of those horrible science accidents that you might find in a superhero comic and thus my style was born.
I like mixing up media, because I feel like I can't work in one if I'm honest But I mainly use colouring pencils, india ink, promarkers, biro and occasionally watercolours. I can take photos but my camera is literally only 16 megapixels haha. I aspire to work with digital media one day, but I've been saying that since I was 15 and I put it off every year
My favourite artists would probably be Banksy, Wenqing Yan (Yuumei), Minori, Van Gogh, Hong Yi (Red), Anthony Micallef and if we extend this to manga, Tite Kubo and Masashi Kishimoto.
Answers to FAQ:
1) Yes, people call me Thistle.
2) I did pick studying English over art. My style is kind of a hybrid, I wouldn't have made it in a fine art industry. I hope to improve that skill and utilise it with whatever profession I can get with my English degree. I am currently doing a creative writing option module, so who knows what will happen?
3) My name is pronounced the way it looks, it's just the 'h' that is silent.
4) The weird display picture is what I picked when I was like 12 or whatever, so I'm keeping it until I can get something better lolololol
5) The pencils I use are those ones in the blue box from Tesco hahahaha, I don't use proper art pencils because I like the vibrance these help me create. Plus art supplies are stupidly expensive.
When I remember what actually goes in this section, I'll write something else.